Several competitive teams are looking for additional players for Fall 2015:
U11 girls Jaws 04 are looking to add 3-4 players for the fall season. All soccer experience levels welcome. Contact coach Tauna for more details.
- U17 girls Jaws 98 (birthday after 08/01/98) are looking to add to their roster for the fall season. To schedule an evaluation contact team manager Jim Murphy.
- U10 boys Sharks 05 Blue are looking for three players to add to their Fall season roster. Please contact coach Karl Jacobson.
Updated August 4, 2015.
Several competitive teams have openings on their roster and will be holding tryouts for the upcoming Spring season.
U12 boys team Sharks 02 blue is looking for passionate, soccer loving boys born after July 31 2002, especially committed defenders and goalkeepers. The team plays silver in CYSA and aspires to gold and beyond. Please contact Coach Sam Clarkson or show up to the Fall tryouts (will be U13 boys in Fall).
- The newly formed U13 boys team Sharks 01 are looking for six players to bolster their Spring roster. The boys recently came in third at the Fall 2014 District Cup tournament. Tryouts are scheduled for Saturday, February 7th, 2015 2pm-3:30pm at Depot Park. An online signup sheet is at http://goo.gl/nn0U3E
- The U12 girls teams Jaws 02 are holding tryouts for Spring on two Saturdays - January 24th 2015 2pm-3:30pm and February 7th, 2015 2pm-3:30pm, both at Depot Park. Tryouts are open and do not require registration. Coaches Marco, Sam and Brooklyn are available for questions.
- U15 girls Jaws 99 Premier is looking for strong/motivated player, striving to compete at the highest level, then beyond in a collegiate program. Questions, contact Coach Poul. Spring season tryouts, Saturdays, Jan 24th / Feb 7th 2015, 3:30pm - 5pm at Depot Park (South field).
- U13 girls teams Jaws 01 seek players to round out both their teams for Spring. Please come to a fun play day at Depot Park (North field) on Saturday, January 24th 2015 from 3:30pm-5pm. Questions? email Coach Heather.
More teams may be announcing tryouts for Spring 2015 soon. Please see the Tryouts page for those notices.
Note: all teams will hold tryouts in March for the Fall 2015 season. Details will be published as soon as they're finalized.
Happy New Year Santa Cruz City Soccer Families !
German Plaza, our coaching director, will be offering training sessions for U8 and U10 players to prepare them for competitive team tryouts which are coming up in early March.
Clinics will be held at Depot Park in Downtown Santa Cruz. 119 Center St.
Saturday January 10th, and 17th
The trainings will be offered free of charge, no need to register, please just show up, ready to play and learn.
Santa Cruz City competitive teams begin with the U9 age group and are called Sharks for boys, and Jaws for girls. They play a 10 game season in the Fall, 5 games being home in Santa Cruz, 5 being away at locations dependent on the individual team's bracketing. Most teams chose to compete in a few tournaments during the season.
Competitive teams are appropriate for players who have a passion for the game and are interested at playing at a higher level with similarly motivated teammates.
Santa Cruz City YSC Jaws 99 White finished a great season with a final win in Dublin, with only 1 sub! There are sure to be many more highlights to come from this group of girls in the near future. If you have a strong/motivated player, looking to play at a high level, contact coach Poul about spring try-outs.
Jaws would like to say a special "thanks" to Pajaro Valley Youth Soccer Club for allowing them to play under the PVYS name in the NorCal premiere League... THANKS!
1st place - NorCal Premier State Gold West League
1st place - Clovis Challenger Cup
1st place - World Cup Beach
1st place - Soccer Central Indoor "A" league
1st place - UCSC Slug fest (older "A" division)
2nd place - Gold / Pro-Am Beach soccer
3rd place - CalNorth Premier League Spring