Santa Cruz City YSC competitive teams are participating in the CCSL district II Fall Cup tournament over the weekends of late October and November. As results come in we will post about our teams that have distinguished themselves.
- Jaws 01 Blue went undefeated in 4 games to win the U14 Girls Gold division, outscoring opponents 10 goals to 1.
- Jaws 02 White won the U13 Girls Gold division.
- Jaws 01 White won the U14 Girls Bronze division.
- Jaws 05 White won the U10 Girls Bronze division, going undefeated in 4 games and outscoring their opponents 9 goals to 0.
- Jaws 02 Blue won the U13 Girls Copper division.
- Sharks 04 Gold won the U11 Boys Copper division.
- Jaws 03 White came in 2nd in the U12 Girls Silver/Bronze division.
- Sharks 05 White came in 2nd in the U10 Boys Bronze/Copper division.
- Sharks 00 Blue came in 3rd in the U15 Boys Gold division.
- Jaws 04 White came in 3rd in the U11 Girls Bronze/Copper division.
- Jaws 98 came in 4th in the U17 Girls division.
- Sharks 06 Blue came in 4th in the U9 Boys Bronze division.
Update from coach Tauna: Jaws 01 White Mermaids took 2nd place this weekend in the Kick-or-Treat Halloween tournament! They battled hard all weekend to make it happen. With amazing saves in the goalkeeping department, and the fast tempo and rapid attacks of their make-or-break 3rd game Sunday morning, they were able to push through to accomplish one of their goals for the season, of making it to a fourth game in a tournament.
The 2015 Santa Cruz Classic tournament has come and gone this weekend, run by volunteers from Santa Cruz City YSC and Pajaro Valley United, along with registration tent help from parents on teams from other clubs in the county (Santa Cruz Mid-County, SVSLV, Aptos Tide). 178 games later, several club teams earned medals for their play.
- Boys U13 team Sharks 02 Blue won the U13 division.
- Girls U14 team Jaws 01 Blue won the U15 division, playing a year up.
- Girls U12 team Jaws 03 White came in second in the final of the U12 division.
- Girls U17 team Jaws 98 came in third in the U19 division after missing out the final due to penalty-kicks (also playing a year up).
- Girls U13 team Jaws 02 White came in third in the U13 division.
Selena, the UCSC women's goalkeeper, will be running training sessions for our aspiring goalies. These will be offered free of charge to players registered for Recreational or Competitive Santa Cruz City YSC teams this Fall.
- Thursdays 5:30-6:30pm for U8-U11 players
- Thursdays 6:30-7:30pm for U12-U19 players
Parents and coaches of the younger age group, please be prepared to stay and help Selena if numbers are high and she needs assistance with crowd control. She will set up to the right of the main entrance to Harvey West Field 4, near the fence.