Santa Cruz City YSC competitive teams have participated in several tournaments at the end of the Spring 2015 season, including the CCSL District 2 Spring Cup and the Santa Cruz Beach Soccer Championship.
CCSL District 2 Spring Cup
- U9 boys team Sharks 05 Blue won the Bronze division with four straight wins.
- U12 girls team Jaws 02 White came in 2nd in the Bronze division.
- U10 girls team Jaws 04 Blue came in 2nd in the Bronze/Copper division.
- U9 girls team Jaws 05 Blue came in 3rd in the Bronze/Copper division.
- U15 girls Jaws 99 White won the Santa Cruz Beach Blast, San Francisco Beach Blast, and came in 2nd in the Pro Am Beach Soccer Tournament.
- U12 team Sharks 02 Blue fielded two 7-boy teams for the U12/U13 division of the Santa Cruz Beach Championship, and met each other in the final after winning their games, finishing both first and second. Sharks 02 Blue also won the 2015 Beach Soccer Blast tournament in Santa Cruz in a 6-5 final against Ballistic United.
- U13 girls Jaws 01 Blue & Jaws Blue Too won 2nd place in both U13 Girls brackets at Pro Am Beach Soccer Tournament June 6, 7 at Main Beach.
- U11 team Sharks 03 Blue cam in 3rd place in the Pro Am Beach Soccer Tournament.
- U9 boys Sharks 05 came in 3rd place in the U9/U10 division of the Santa Cruz Beach Championship.
- U8 boys Sharks 06 came in 3rd in the Pro Am Beach Soccer Tournament.
- U10 boys team Sharks 05 Blue won the Stanford Summer Classic 'Adidas' division.
Several competitive teams are looking for additional players for Fall 2015:
U11 girls Jaws 04 are looking to add 3-4 players for the fall season. All soccer experience levels welcome. Contact coach Tauna for more details.
- U17 girls Jaws 98 (birthday after 08/01/98) are looking to add to their roster for the fall season. To schedule an evaluation contact team manager Jim Murphy.
- U10 boys Sharks 05 Blue are looking for three players to add to their Fall season roster. Please contact coach Karl Jacobson.
Updated August 4, 2015.
Santa Cruz City YSC needs sponsors for the recreational teams. Please consider donating $300 to sponsor a team for the Fall 2015 season.