Santa Cruz City YSC is holding a Grade 8 (entry-level) referee course with an online, classroom, and field session component. Referees are paid positions, can make $25-$35 per-game, and have a flexible schedule. After graduating the course, a participant will be able to referee competitive and recreational youth soccer games.
• Mon, March 7 6:30pm - 7:30pm
• Mon, March 14 6:30pm - 9:30pm
• Tue, Mar 15 6:30pm - 9:30pm
• Wed, Mar 16 6:30pm - 9:30pm
• Sun, Mar 20 1:00pm - 5:00pm (must attend all classroom sessions first)
Class will be held at Gault Elementary (1320 Seabright Ave., Santa Cruz). Participants must attend all classroom sessions. Must complete the online module prior to the first class. Minimum age of 12 at registration.
Club fee is $35, due at the first class (check made out to Santa Cruz City YSC). CNRA fee is $45, payable online.
U-10 competitive team Sharks 05 Blue won the 2015 Cal North Jr. Cup tournament, a cross district competition. The boys advanced after a golden-goal 4-3 win over SF Barbarians in the semi-final, followed by a thrilling come-from-behind 3-2 win over a very good Redding North State Kaos team in their group's final.
Santa Cruz City YSC competitive teams are participating in the CCSL district II Fall Cup tournament over the weekends of late October and November. As results come in we will post about our teams that have distinguished themselves.
- Jaws 01 Blue went undefeated in 4 games to win the U14 Girls Gold division, outscoring opponents 10 goals to 1.
- Jaws 02 White won the U13 Girls Gold division.
- Jaws 01 White won the U14 Girls Bronze division.
- Jaws 05 White won the U10 Girls Bronze division, going undefeated in 4 games and outscoring their opponents 9 goals to 0.
- Jaws 02 Blue won the U13 Girls Copper division.
- Sharks 04 Gold won the U11 Boys Copper division.
- Jaws 03 White came in 2nd in the U12 Girls Silver/Bronze division.
- Sharks 05 White came in 2nd in the U10 Boys Bronze/Copper division.
- Sharks 00 Blue came in 3rd in the U15 Boys Gold division.
- Jaws 04 White came in 3rd in the U11 Girls Bronze/Copper division.
- Jaws 98 came in 4th in the U17 Girls division.
- Sharks 06 Blue came in 4th in the U9 Boys Bronze division.