Positive Coaching Alliance
Santa Cruz City YSC is a member of the Positive Coaching Alliance and prides itself on creating a healthy environment for its youth players. The club focuses on teaching your player to honor the game, to redefine what it means to be a "Winner", and filling your child's emotional tank. At the end of each Fall season the parents nominate coaches for the club's Positive Coaching Award. As parents, we want all players to learn healthy life lessons through soccer play as well as a love for the game.
The Parents' Role
- Support and encourage your child and team
- Let the coach do the coaching
- Model good behavior
- Be a parent after the game, not a critic
- Best Parenting Tip Ever
- Top Ten Issues for Sports Parents
- Parents Code of Conduct
- Tips for Honoring the Game
- Coaching Outside the Box: Changing the Mindset in Youth Soccer
- What Makes A Nightmare Sports Parent -- And What Makes A Great One
- Feeding the Young Athlete: Sports Nutrition Made Easy for Players, Parents, and Coaches
Watching Soccer Together
- Watch the FIFA Women's World Cup 2015 games on TV (Fox) and online (Fox Sports 1).
- NBC Sports live streams English Premier League games and highlights .
- ESPN3 has live and full replays of games in a variety of club leagues and national team competitions.
- U.S. MNT and WNT highlights at the U.S. Soccer YouTube channel and on the Santa Cruz City YSC Twitter feed.
- Live San Jose Earthquakes home games. MLS and NWSL games are fun family outings.
- Participate in club sponsored Advanced Training and Summer Camps.
- Coerver drills, first touch, dribbling and juggling the ball outside of practice. Give your kid some space and a ball to experiment with!
- Unstructured soccer games at school, the park, and at home.
- See the Coaches section for more material on player development.
Further information about the Santa Cruz City YSC is available through the site and in the Club Handbook. Regular news updates are posted on this site as well as the club's Facebook page and Twitter account (@sccysc). Please like and follow us!
The club is a volunteer-run non-profit organization with the mission of creating an environment where local kids can play and develop their skill and love of the game of soccer. Please consider participating as a volunteer, sponsoring a team, or sponsoring a player so that all can play without regard to their family's financial situation.
If you have questions that the information on the website does not answer, please send your inquiry
Santa Cruz City YSC, P.O. Box 2039, Santa Cruz, CA 95063
- Recreational Coach Coordinator
- Competitive Team Coach Coordinator
- Sponsor Coordinator
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Club President
- Site Administrator