Competitive Team Coaches
DOUBLE GOAL COACH PRESENTATION
All coaches REC and comp are strongly encouraged to attend the Double Goal Coach presentation by the Positive Coaching Alliance
Monday, September 19, Louden Nelson Multi-Purpose Room, from 7-9 pm.
The Santa Cruz City YSC competitive teams play in the California Youth Soccer Association (CYSA) District 2 league (CCSL) and in tournaments throughout northern California. As of 2013, CYSA Cal North requires all coaches in their league to hold a minimum of a US Soccer National E license. The club sponsors coaching courses for the National E license (and the prerequisite National F license, also offered online by US Soccer).
Please contact the competitive team coordinator if you are interested.
Each year all comp team coaches must complete a live scan using the CalNorth Soccer Live Scan Form.
Rules of the Game
Coaching Education and Resources
- U.S. Soccer Coaching Curriculum.
- Created by U.S. Soccer's Coaching Education Department, Best Practices for Coaching Soccer in the United States describes concepts of player development, recommendations and games.
- The 2015 U.S. Soccer Player Development Initiatives
- NSCAA Webinars - YouTube Channel of the National Soccer Coaches Association of America
- Between the Lines - blog at MLSsoccer.com
- U.S. Soccer National License Progression and FAQ.
- PEP Program for ACL Injury Reduction.
- Ethics in Youth Soccer - an article by Georgia Soccer.
- Advice for Youth Coaches - an interview with Jurgen Klinsmann.
- "We should have a conveyor belt of talent" - an interview with Brad Friedel.
- Santa Cruz City YSC Coaches Code of Conduct.
- Coaching Outside the Box: Changing the Mindset in Youth Soccer.
- Positive Coaching Alliance.
DEPOT PARK PERMITS
These permits should be on hand whenever your team is making use of Depot Park: