- Santa Cruz City YSC Coaches Code of Conduct.
- Coaching Outside the Box: Changing the Mindset in Youth Soccer.
- Positive Coaching Alliance.
Competitive Team Coaches
The Santa Cruz City YSC competitive teams play in the California Youth Soccer Association (CYSA) District 2 league (CCSL) and in tournaments throughout northern California. As of 2013, CYSA Cal North requires all coaches in their league to hold a minimum of a US Soccer National E license. The club sponsors coaching courses for the National E license (and the prerequisite National F license, also offered online by US Soccer).
Please contact the competitive team coordinator if you are interested.
Depot Park permits
These permits should be on hand whenever your team is making use of Depot Park:
- Spring 2016 Depot Park permit
- Extended Spring 2016 Depot Park permit
- May 01 2016 Extension Depot Park permit
Rules of the Game
Coaching Education and Resources
- U.S. Soccer Coaching Curriculum.
- Created by U.S. Soccer's Coaching Education Department, Best Practices for Coaching Soccer in the United States describes concepts of player development, recommendations and games.
- The 2015 U.S. Soccer Player Development Initiatives
- NSCAA Webinars - YouTube Channel of the National Soccer Coaches Association of America
- Between the Lines - blog at MLSsoccer.com
- U.S. Soccer National License Progression and FAQ.
- PEP Program for ACL Injury Reduction.
- Ethics in Youth Soccer - an article by Georgia Soccer.
- Advice for Youth Coaches - an interview with Jurgen Klinsmann.
- "We should have a conveyor belt of talent" - an interview with Brad Friedel.
Recreational Team Coaches
To volunteer as a coach or assistant coach of a recreational league team check the volunteer box on your child's registration form, or contact the Recreational Coach Coordinator.
Each year all coaches must fill the CYSA Form 1628 - Risk Management Disclosure Form, and mail it to the club registrar: Santa Cruz City YSC Registrar, P.O. Box 2039, Santa Cruz, CA 95063
Santa Cruz City YSC offers coaching clinics for all new and returning coaches before the start of the Fall season.
Rules of the Game
- Age Group Matrix for Recreational Soccer Teams is a table describing modifications to the laws of the game by age division.